Sunday, July 5, 2009

A special gift

On June 29th I received a very sweet gift from a group of ladies that I'm a military wives support group with. It meant the world to me that they would think of me on a day that I held very close to my heart. I knew many people new of the date but didn't expect such a thoughtful gift. The girls on this site have become very special friends and reached out to me in ways I never expected after the loss of Bryanna. They offered prayers and words of support on my darkest days.



When I received the box in the mail and opened it it was a small yellow heart shaped box with inspirational quotes inside and a very sweet card.





the card read:

Gina-There are never the right words to say to make your pain and loss go away. I know that today must be extremely hard since your angel was due. She was taken much too soon. I even question the Lord's actions, How can such a blessed event like a birth of a child be marked by the Lord taking that child? Your loving arms is where she should be. Hopefully on your due date, today, that you feel your little one's presence. May all your hopes, love, and dreams for Bryanna feel your heart with some comfort. Know there are many woman that are thinking and praying for you. We hurt and cry for your loss as well. Hopefully this little box will help you on days like today. May the little tokens of quotes and sayings bring a smile to your face and comfort your heart.

Love,

Your SG Sisters

Of course this little letter brought tears to my eyes. It truly touched my heart that someone could write these words to me. Something that they thought was probably so simple and wouldn't get their emotions across touched me in so many ways. The little box its self was filled with sweet little quotes, sayings, and scriptures that made me smile and brought tears to my eyes but made me feel so loved as well.

Some of the sayings in the box included:

*Bryanna we remember you

*Her time on Earth was too short, but her memory lives on.

*The hole in your heart may not heal, but we will help fill it.

*A family is a circle of love, not broken by loss, but made stronger by memories.

*Sometimes we face set backs before we can walk forward.

There are so many more like this and they all remind me that not only am I hurting for the loss of Bryanna but so are my friends and family.

Thank you so much for thinking of me and my family during our difficult day.

No comments:

Post a Comment